mercredi 4 septembre 2013

Pennetta wins against Vinci


 Pennetta shed her nerves for something altogether different in her 6-4, 6-1 victory: joy.Pennetta’s winning strategy was ruthlessly uncomplicated. She made the match about her opponent’s weakness, and she refused to allow Vinci to coax her into playing points that would take Pennetta away from her game plan.“It’s amazing,” she said. “I’m really happy. I cannot believe it. It was really tough today, playing against Roberta. I was trying to play my tennis, trying to be aggressive and it worked out perfectly.”


From the first point on, Pennetta pinned Vinci deep in the court, forcing her to hit underspin backhands repeatedly. Pennetta attacked Vinci’s forehand side to open up the backhand side again, and to wear Vinci down. Her will seemed impenetrable. She dominated the match in every statistical category. She hit 23 winners and made only 17 unforced errors, while the normally stingy Vinci committed 28 unforced errors and managed only 14 winners.

“I didn’t play my best tennis the last six months and I just try to keep working and working the same way,” she said. “I am starting to feel more my forehand, my backhand. Everything is starting to feel more normal in the way it was before the injury. I play really good tennis here, I think.”

 She now faces the winner of Wednesday night’s match between Victoria Azarenka and Daniela Hantuchova.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire