mercredi 4 septembre 2013

Usain Bolt announces retirement plans after 2016 Olympics

Usain Bolt

Usain Bolt, one of most accomplished athletes in sprinting history, told the Associated Press that he plans to retire following the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games.

Bolt has dominated the sport for the better part of a decade, but the Jamaican sprinter is hoping to go out on top in Rio. The 27-year-old plans to set a world record in the 200 meters while taking another gold medal back to Jamaica.

"So far, (it) is after the Olympics in Rio," Bolt said of his retirement plans. "I think if I am in great shape, I'll go there and do what I have to do. I think it will be a good time to retire, on top."

Winning another three golds in Moscow last month made him the most decorated athlete in world championship history with eight gold and two silvers. He has six gold medals from the Olympics.
"If I want to be among the greats of (Muhammad) Ali and Pele and all these guys I have to continue dominating until I retire," Bolt said ahead of his final race this season in the 100 at Friday's Van Damme Memorial.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire